Saturday 23 June 2007

We're off to do some digging..... Yeah Right!

I still have a load of digging to get done, so thought to myself - "lets make a start after all I need some space for the red cabbage...."

So off I toddled down the road this afternoon.

On the positive side I managed to get some hoeing and weeding done, planted 3 french beans (Brightstone from the heritage seed library). I've another couple of plants at home, which, if any good I'll use to save the seed for next year. Also planted the solitary squash which I managed to raise from seed (Avalon). Although I do already have two others planted out - a gift gift from a fellow allotment holder.

I also cut another lettuce - yes that makes the grand total of ....... THREE !!! Oh and pulled a few beetroot - they're about golf ball size, well maybe a touch bigger so looking forward to those.

And the digging....... got the azada out... whacked a couple of brambles and decided today just wasn't the right day for digging. But what's an azada I hear you cry..... well that's for another day.

No comments: